Zesty and Flavorful.
The key to culinary alchemy is the blending of sweet, sour, salty, bitter and pungent flavors, in just the right proportion. This dressing will awaken your digestive fire as it sparks your stomach, liver, and pancreas to activate to digest all of the food in your meal, not just the salad. Nutritional yeast is a new ingredient, for some, in a salad dressing. It has a sweet, earthy, nutty flavor and contains a great amount of the B vitamin family and amino acids, great for blood sugar balance and for energy. This dressing will keep for up to 7 days in the refrigerator.
1/2 cup vinegar (champagne, apple cider, rice, or balsamic)
1/4 cup water
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 ripe Roma tomatoes, pureed in a blender
1 tsp. of Dijon mustard
1 tsp. nutritional yeast
1 tsp. flax seeds
1 tablespoon red wine (optional)
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp. mix parsley, basil, and oregano
Pinch of sea salt, paprika, and black pepper
- In a blender, puree tomatoes with water until smooth.
- Add vinegar, minced garlic, dijon mustard, nutritional yeast, flax seeds, parsley, basil and oregano, and red wine.
- Drizzle olive oil while the blender is on low speed.
- When the dressing is emulsified, pour into a mason jar.
- Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- To serve, cap the jar tightly and give the dressing a shake before adding to salad greens.
Find more great recipes in my cookbook, Flavors of Health.